Enquire Now

Family Sponsorship

Family Sponsorship

Canada provides a variety of immigration schemes that enable citizens the chance to sponsor their family members to immigrate to Canada because it values family reunification and keeping loved ones together. For citizens or permanent residents who want to bring their relatives to Canada, the country provides sponsorship opportunities. Certain family members may be granted permanent residency in Canada under these programs. Because Canada understands that family should never be put on hold, one of the most popular immigration streams allows citizens and permanent residents to easily sponsor their spouses and immediate family members to immigrate to Canada with shorter processing times.
Who can you sponsor in Canada?
Spouse, Common-Law, or Conjugal Partner Whether your spouse, common-law partner, or conjugal partner is residing overseas or in Canada on a valid temporary visa, you may be able to sponsor them for Canadian permanent residency. In-country residents may also be eligible for an open work permit, which would enable couples to lessen some of their financial obligations. While their sponsorship application is being processed, sponsored people can work in Canada with a spousal open work permit. If you and your partner are not wed but have lived together for at least a year, you may be qualified to apply for spousal sponsorship because Canada recognizes common-law partnerships.
Parents or Grandparents
Parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens and permanent residents are also included in Canada's commitment to family reunification through the parent and grandparent sponsorship program. Citizens and permanent residents must show that they can support their family financially by earning at least the Minimum Necessary Income (MNI) necessary for the size of their family unit to sponsor a parent or grandparent. They must also consent to provide financial support, if necessary, for the sponsored family members.
Child or other Dependants
You can opt to list your children as accompanying dependents on your application for permanent residency if you're moving to Canada. However, they could still be able to join you in Canada later if you decide not to include them or are otherwise unable to do so. As long as they are not married and do not already have children of their own, Canadian citizens and permanent residents may sponsor their biological or adopted children under the age of 22 for permanent residence in Canada. If a kid above the age of 22 has a physical or mental impairment that makes it impossible for them to support themselves, that child may be regarded as a dependent.
General Eligibility
To Sponsor: You need to fulfill the minimum eligibility standards to sponsor a family member. Sponsors that qualify must:
  • be a citizen or permanent resident of Canada
  • 18 years of age or older
  • live in Canada or intend to do so when your spouse or partner is admitted as a permanent resident.
  • possess the capacity and willingness to meet your family member's bare minimum requirements for three years.
To be Sponsored:
A citizen or permanent resident may not sponsor in certain circumstances. A sponsor may not qualify if one of the situations listed below applies to them:
  • are in prison
  • have not repaid an immigration debt
  • have skipped payments or made late payments on alimony or child support obligations
  • have filed for bankruptcy but have not yet been freed
  • got social assistance for reasons other than a handicap
  • have been found guilty of a violent crime, any offense against a relative, or any sexual offense.
Free Assessment

Take our Free Assessment

Move to Canada! In just a few simple steps you’ll find out if you are eligible!

Get your FREE assessment here!

Consult Us